La Pedriza Visitors Center
- Camino de la Pedriza, s/n
- Manzanares El Real
- 918 539 978
The Visitors Center is allocated in two buildings, situated about 150 m from each other.
The main building, lodges the central office of the National Park Environmental Education Area, and shows a permanent exhibition called ”Trip to the Sierra de Guadarrama”, leading the visitor from the heights to the valleys of the National Park. Outside, there are nine thematic areas, showing different natural aspects of the Sierra de Guadarrama, and highlighting an itinerary especially adapted to people with visual disability. The Visitors Center and all its facilities are accessible to disabled people. It is certified by the Sistema de Gestión Ambiental ISO 14001 and EMAS.
The Visitors Information Desk is at a building located just after the barrier allowing the entrance to La Pedriza. Brochures, itineraries, maps and recommendations of how to visit La Pedriza are available. There is as well a temporary exhibitions room accessible to disabled people.
How to get there
The Visitors Center is situated in La Pedriza area, 2 km from the center of Manzanares el Real, just close to the paved path that leads from the village center to Canto Cochino, through the Quebrantaherraduras track.
The access is from the M-608 road connecting Collado Villalba and Venturada, taking the detour at the 25,7km point. The Visitors Center is approximately situated 1,3km ahead on La Pedriza road, about 200m before the entrance barrier.
- From the AP-6 motorway (Autovía del noroeste Madrid-La Coruña) take the service lane, at the 36 exit (Collado Villalba) to Moralzarzal and afterwards to Manzanares el Real. At the “mountaineer” roundabout, change direction to La Pedriza.
- From the M-607 motorway (Madrid-Colmenar Viejo-Navacerrada), take the M-609 road to Soto del Real-Miraflores and then the M-608 road reaching Manzanares el Real, pass the “mountaineer” roundabout, and take the detour to La Pedriza.
On public transportation:
- Bus 724 from Madrid to Manzanares el Real, leaving from the Plaza de Castilla Station. Either from the stop at the Plaza de la Iglesia (village center) or from the “mountaineer” roundabout stop, there is a 15 minutes’ walk to La Pedriza entrance.
- Bus 720 from Colmenar Viejo- Collado Villalba, with the same stops as the previous one.
Customer Service hours
Visitors Information Desk:
Weekends and holidays, from 9 am to 4:30 pm.
For the purposes of opening the center, they will also receive holiday treatment on May 3 and 15, August 16, 23, 24, 30 and December 31.
Environmental Education Area central office:
Every day of the year from 9 am to 3 pm, except on December 24, 25 and 31 and January 1 and 6, that this center is closed.