Located in the Central Mountain Range oriental side, the surface of The Park encompasses 33.960 hectares along the heights of the Sierra de Guadarrama, of which nearly 64% belongs to the Madrid Autonomous Community, and the remaining almost 36% belongs to Segovia, in the Castilla and León Autonomous Community. The Peñalara Peak (Pico de Peñalara) with 2.428 m above the sea level is the highest peak, and together with other four surrounding summits above 2.271 m, they shape the ridge of the scenic Peñalara Massif (Macizo de Peñalara), spreading out from Los Cotos Pass (Puerto de Los Cotos) to the Nevero Path Col (Collado del Camino del Nevero), in the North- Northeast direction.
From this point, the National Park widens in the northeast direction, following the Sierra de Guadarrama central axis, passing through the Navafría Pass (Puerto de Navafría), up to the Reajo Alto peak (2.100 m). There is another impressive mountains ridge, Cuerda Larga, starting at the Navacerrada Pass (Puerto de Navacerrada), with an extension of 16 km and holding always an altitude above 2.000 m, with the maximum height Cabezas de Hierro of 2.383 m. La Morcuera Pass (Puerto de la Morcuera) indicates the end of the Cuerda Larga ridge and flags the Sierra de la Morcuera starting point. This chain with less altitude than the precedent spreads out further the National Park limits. Other “sierras” and summits of interest are Siete Picos, spreading out between the Navacerrada Pass and La Fuenfría Pass, Sierra de los Porrones, La Pedriza, Peña del Oso (2.196 m) and Montón de Trigo (2.195 m).